Director / Senior Director, Project Management & Strategic Projects
Antiva Biosciences, Inc. a well-funded venture-backed clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel, topical therapeutics for the treatment of pre-cancerous lesions and infections caused by HPV, is seeking a highly motivated Director / Senior Director, Project Management and Strategic Projects. This role will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area and be responsible for establishing and leading Antiva’s Project Management function. This position will report to our SVP, Non-Clinical Development and Global Health Strategy and will collaborate with key functions across the company for regular project review and strategy decisions in support of the company’s corporate and product development goals. This position will ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the required company standards. In addition, they will promote a culture of collaboration and accountability through outstanding organizational and leadership skills. This role provides the unique opportunity to join a team working on cutting-edge therapeutics and to help build a dynamic and inclusive organization that is passionate about improving health outcomes for patients in need.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Develop and successfully execute multiple written project plans and integrated timelines in alignment with the strategic priorities of the company and in collaboration with product development team.
- Proactively monitor development plans and progress to ensure communication on project/program strategy, status, critical path activities and resource requirements; ensure that risks and mitigation strategies are identified early and communicated effectively to all stakeholders.
- Promote collaboration, strategic alignment, and integrated planning and execution across multiple functions in the organization.
- Partner closely with extended senior leadership and functional leads to define meeting agendas, priorities and goals. Manage team meetings including documenting and following through on decisions and action items outlined in meeting minutes.
- Effectively partner with Finance, project team representatives and department managers to develop project budgets and monitor spending against plan.
- Lead a variety of key strategy and planning initiatives at the corporate level including ad hoc projects related to company planning and operations (i.e. coordinating due diligence data collection/activities, development of corporate communication materials).
- Liaise cross-functionally, including with HR and Finance, to ensure alignment of planning with corporate budget, milestones and initiatives.
- Integrate Pre-clinical, CMC and Clinical vendor selection (CMOs and CROs) processes and manage contract negotiations facilitate contract changes, issue resolution and contract clarifications for assigned outsourcing activities.
- Interface regularly with senior leaders across the organization; demonstrate confidence to provide dissenting views when appropriate.
- Translate project statuses into executive dashboard-style reporting.
- Create executive presentations and messaging for various company meetings (Board, Exec Team, Project Team, All hands, external parties).
- Champion and enhance the use of project management tools, methodology, templates, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, and effective planning.
- At least 10 years of successful experience developing pharmaceutical or biotechnology drugs including 5-7 years’ experience in cross-functional project team management; PMP certification is a plus.
- BA or BS required; advanced degree and/or scientific background a plus.
- Demonstrated success with creating strategies, long-term planning, and managing integrated timelines, resources and budgets.
- Extremely organized with keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact cross-functionally at all levels of the organization including negotiating matters of significance to the organization and reconciling multiple stakeholder views.
- High degree of integrity; professionalism, honesty, self-motivation, and positive attitude.
- Solid understanding of functional area roles, and responsibilities, product development activities and interdependencies with working knowledge of the drug development process; project planning experience a must.
- Proven ability to independently integrate and manage multiple projects and/or sub-team plans simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, and basic Office software, e.g. word-processing, power point, and spreadsheet software, required.
- Ability to positively influence others towards the best interest of company and product goals while keeping the attainment of project milestones on track.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Effective record-keeping and presentation skills (including the ability to develop clear and concise presentations) are required as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with other team members.
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills; interpersonal, oral and written. In addition to his or her core competency, the successful candidate will have established a broad working knowledge of core pharmaceutical disciplines, including clinical development, regulatory affairs, manufacturing, translational medicine, intellectual property.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment, effectively lead projects and drive them to conclusion.
- Self-starter who works with a sense of urgency and functions as a strong team player effectively working with other disciplines.
- Adaptable, flexible, independent and resourceful to roll-up-sleeves and multi-task in order to thrive in a small company environment.
- Proven ability to proactively identify challenges, possess strategic foresight and implement appropriate course of action.
How to Apply
To apply, please mail or email your CV and cover letter to:
Antiva BioSciences, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
280 Old County Road #257
Brisbane, CA 94005
Antiva is an equal opportunity employer.